Mature, robust processes giving attention to details and adhering to current trends are proven methods to achieve continual success in any arena. They ensure focused direction, save time, improve quality, and increases productivity. The ever supreme plan-do-check cycle is the base of our testing processes which gets tailored a bit based on the size of projects. Years of experience has helped us in creating an efficient and effective testing methodologies for Functional Testing, Automation Testing, Device Cloud, Cross-browser Testing, Performance Testing, Security Testing, Compatibility Testing, Usability Testing, Performance Testing (Load & Stress), Compatibility Testing, Install Testing, Usability Testing, Compliance Testing & Localization Testing.
Following are the processes which are helping clients achieve greater quality while keeping costs lower.
Techment’s Testing Processes
1. Test Requirement Analysis:
- Understanding project requirements in detail to understand the features to be tested and features not to be considered for testing
- Understanding the testing priorities
- Identifying the requirements which can be good candidates for automated testing and manual testing
- Identifying the suitable test environment
- Defining scope and objectives of testing
- Deciding the testing types be performed along with the specific strategy to be employed for each of them
- Identifying the resources and testing tools required for the testing
- Defining requirements related to the test environment
- Defining entry, exit criteria along with the suspension and resumption criteria
- Identifying assumptions and risk analysis
- Estimating the time and effort required for the testing activities
- Determining and assigning roles & responsibilities
3. Test Case Design & Development:
- Creation and review of Test cases
- Creation and review of automation scripts (if applicable)
- Creation of relevant test data based on the test conditions
4. Test Environment Setup: A separate, suitable environment is created for testing purpose
- Test server is setup and network settings are configured and its management processes are defined
- Test environment checklist is prepared and the required hardware and software components are aggregated
- Test data is set up
- Smoke testing of the environment to check is readiness
5. Test Execution
- Execution of Test Cases as per the test plan
- Comparison of actual results with the expected outcomes
- Identifying and detecting defects
- Logging the defects in the tool and reporting the identified bugs
- Re-testing on defect fixture by the development team.
- Regression testing(if required)
- Tracking a defect to its closure
6. Test Closure
- Analysis of test results
- Evaluation of test life cycle exist criteria, test coverage, the quality achieved, the fulfilment of goals and objectives, critical business goals, etc.
- All the test deliverables such as test plan, test strategy, test cases, etc. are collected and maintained
- Retrospection of the whole testing process
The Techment Advantage
- Inhouse Automation framework for testing mobile & web apps, developed by using open source tools & utilities
- Reusable test cases ensuring effort & cost savings
- Continuous monitoring of any repetitive tasks which can be automated eg housekeeping related test data creation, data creation of steps prerequisite to testing a scenario etc.
- Team of automation experts
- Regular communication with stakeholders to appraise on status, challenges and upcoming risks
- ISTQB certified engineers
- Regular skill-building exercises in the team
Techment’s Testing focus areas
Each of the above testing arenas has its own unique set of attributes which needs to be considered, analysed and addressed in the testing phase to deliver a quality solution. Please access the links in each of the above testing arenas to know about the testing processes followed for them.