Testing of applications is a standard process and Techment is very religious in abiding by its defined processes. Our testing services are focused primarily on mobile app testing, web application testing and API testing. Though the overall process involved in testing remains the same, testing of platform-specific unique attributes needs to be considered, analysed and addressed mandatorily. Please have a look at the following link to scan through our standard testing process. The content below details the checkpoints to be incorporated under the various testings done for a web-based application.
A web application should undergo a series of checks to ensure the functionality, usability, accessibility, compatibility, performance, and security of the application.
1. Functionality Testing: Apart from the core business functions, the focus here should be to check all the links (internal, external, mail, no broken links) in the solution, screen validations, database connections, Cookie testing etc.
2. Usability Testing: It is a combination of functional testing with a check on the overall user experience. The focus here is to test the site navigation and the content to ensure that the end-user has a smooth sail over the application.
3. Interface Testing: This web page test ensures that all interactions between the app server and the webserver are seamless and all exceptions are handled with appropriate alternatives and messages.
4. Compatibility Testing: This testing ensures that the web application delivers the same result irrespective of the browsers used and the device types. It includes verification of
5. Performance Testing : This testing ensures that the application is capable of delivering the desired solution under stress situations like weak internet speeds or increased traffic to mitigate the risk of availability, reliability, scalability, responsiveness, stability, etc. of a system.. It focuses on response times, throughput, and resource-utilization levels that meet the performance objectives of the solution. It helps to determine how the app recovers from crashes. Performance testing encompasses a number of different types of testing like load testing, volume testing, stress testing, capacity testing, soak/endurance testing and spike testing each of which is designed to check performance-related concerns in the system.
With the ever-changing technologies, the consideration for testing process keeps evolving too. Hence it is important to keep auditing the processes to include new considerations and eliminate redundant ones.